The Cultural Leaders Legacy Artist Awards are $5,000 cash prizes that support artists or arts organizations in the following categories:
- ATB Financial Healing Through the Arts Award
- Calgary Catholic Immigration Society New Canadian Artist Award
- Colin Jackson and Arlene Strom Creative Placemaking Award
- Doug & Lois Mitchell Outstanding Calgary Artist Award
- Enbridge Emerging Artist Award
- MacLachlan Community Beacon Award
- SANDSTONE City Builder Award
Each Legacy Award is funded by a $10,000 contribution from a local philanthropist or organization with equal matching money from Calgary 2012, and will be awarded annually for four years at the Mayor's Lunch for Arts Champions with winners determined by a jury of peers. This is the third year for all the awards except for the ATB Financial Healing Through the Arts Award, which was presented for the first time in 2014; and the Colin Jackson and Arlene Strom Creative Placemaking Award, which was presented for the first time in 2015.
For more information, visit mayorslunch.com/awards.