Calgary Arts Development is pleased to share the following message on behalf of the The City of Calgary.
Get involved! It’s your City.
Volunteer for The City of Calgary’s Public Art Board. Promote awareness of art in The City and act as a resource to City Council on all public art matters.
This Board has been created to provide expert community input on public art for The City of Calgary to:
- Promote awareness and understanding of the importance of high-quality public art.
- Recommend and advise on public art policies, guidelines, plans and issues as they relate to the City of Calgary.
- Review all public art project plans to ensure established criteria are met.
- Review all acquisitions and donations of public art according to established criteria.
- Act as a resource to City Council and to its boards, agencies and the administration on all public art matters.
- Support Public Art staff in carrying out the Mission of the Public Art Policy.
- Prepare an Annual Report to Council.
- Six citizens-at-large
- Two visual artists
- One representative from Calgary Arts Development
Term: Three years—maximum of two terms served in succession
Term Expiry Month: October
Day: Third Monday
Time: 5:00 – 7:00pm
Location: Cliff Bungalow Arts Centre (2105 Cliff St. SW)
Please see calgary.ca/cityclerks for more information on committee eligibility, length of term, meeting times and how to apply.
Apply by June 30, 2016.